Additional Diabetes Information:
Urinary Tract Infection or UTI is a common infection that occurs in the body. It can affect any part of the urinary system. Most infections involve the lower part of the urinary tract. The infection can involve the ureters, kidney, urethra and bladder.
The kidneys remove waste and filter the blood. They enable the body to pass urine through the urethra at last and the process involved is known as urination. The upper urinary tract consists of the kidney and the uterus whereas the lower urinary tract includes the bladder and also the urethra.
UTI can be caused by the action of bacteria. There can be different names that are in relation to the place the infection occurs like bladder infection is termed as Cystitis, urethra infection as Urethritis and Kidney infection is known as Pyelonephritis.
Men, women as well as children develop common symptoms. A report suggests that almost 8.1 million cases have been found. This is also the second-most common infection that occurs in the human body. It has been found that nearly 50% of all women will face this problem in their lifetime once. On the other hand, 20-30% of cases have recurrent urinary tract infection.
Now let us shift the focus to who are more prone to have this type of problem.
- Women are more likely to face this problem and the reason behind this is nothing but anatomical. Urethra in women is shorter than the men have and it is also in close proximity to the anus. Thus it becomes easier for the bacteria to get transferred to the urinary bladder
- Oestrogen level that drops after menopause in women can often contribute to this problem.
- Kidney stone or prostate problems can cause UTI
- Pregnant women have greater risk to have this problem. It can harm he health of the foetus as well as the mother. This type of women is often tested for bacteraemia and antibiotics are given to cure the problem
- People with a problematic immunity system like the patients of diabetes might develop this problem
- People who have a catheter to pass the urine might also face this problem
UTI is a problem that accompanies a lot of symptoms. Let's check some of the early signs.
- Discomfort along with pain while urinating can be felt
- A burning sensation accompanies the process of urination
- Feel of urgency in urination can be felt
- A small amount of urine passes although a strong urge has been felt
- Pain can be felt in rectum among the men and for women pain occurs in pubic bone
People without these problems can also have Urinary Tract Infection. Infants on the other hand might face fever, chills, fussiness and also poor feeding. Adults too might face the problem without any sort of indications. In those cases it becomes really difficult to diagnose the problem.
Diagnosis of the problem
The problem of UTI can be diagnosed by dosing a sample test of the urine. A urine culture report generally arrives by 1 or 2 days.
Care or Treatment
UTI can be kept at control by having loads of water. A report suggests that cranberries or more specifically cranberry juice are extremely good to control this problem.
Generally a urinary tract infection can be best treated with antibiotics so that it does not spread to the kidneys. Patients are always advised to finish their prescribed antibiotics, although a person might face that the symptoms have disappeared already. Not completing a course of antibiotics can result in the infection to return. The symptoms of a bladder infection generally disappear within one to two days right after starting antibiotics.
If a kidney infection becomes severe then treatment can be done in the hospitals. In a few cases often surgery can be helpful to ease the condition. Urinary tract infection treatment can be done by various ways. But natural remedies can really be effective as a treatment. It has the least side effects and cures the problem from the root itself. There are quite a few brands of which Salveo Life Sciences is a prominent brand that has already carved a niche among the hearts of the people by its excellent medications. So keep UTI at bay and hope this article will be helpful for the ones who wish to know the interesting facts about the condition.