Additional Diabetes Information:
Diabetes as we all know is a chronic lifestyle disorders, going by the national statstics there are more than 65 million persons suffering from Diabetes. In Delhi NCR region alone as per different estimates by Diabetologist at Delhi and Diabetes Specialists Noida there could be anywhere between 4-6.5 million persons suffering from Diabetes. The actual figure of Diabetics may be even higher as is realized by all Diabetologist at Delhi and Delhi NCR region.
The other important group of people is the prediabetics, i.e. persons suffering from impaired Glucose tolerance or Impaired Fasting Glucose but who do not require treatment for these and their Blood Sugar levels are below the Diabetic levels but above the Normal range. As was explained by Dr Rajesh Kesari Diabetologist at Delhi and one of the leading Diabetologists Noida there number is twice that of confirmed Diabetics – and almost certainly about 30% of them are going to develop full blown Diabetes in the coming future 2-3 years for sure if no measures are undertaken now.
Some people are more prone to develop Diabetes ( Type 2 Diabetes ):
- Having a family History of Diabetes- especially if both parents are suffering from Diabetes
- Those who are overweight and Obese- BMI above 25
- Lead a sedentary lifestyle with limited physical activity
- Frequently eat outside or have heavy meals with lots of fried stuff, potatoes, fats, Refined wheat flour, sweets etc.
Who have abdominal obesity- protruding tummies or waist size of > 92 cms in men and > 85 cms in females
Dr Rajesh Kesari Diabetologist at Delhi and a leading Diabetes Specialist NOIDA is of the opinion that more stress should be paid to the prevention and early Diagnosis of Diabetes. If more persons are detected at the early pre-diabetic stage it may be possible to prevent the onset of full blown Diabetes and consequently all the entailing complications and liabilities of lifelong treatment. If timely actions are taken Diabetes may be prevented in such individuals with some medicines or lifestyle modifications which are not costly or have any side effects.
Here are some tips given by Diabetologist at Delhi Dr Rajesh Kesari a leading diabetes specialist NOIDA for everyone which would keep you away from Diabetes and help you control Diabetes if you already have it:
- Eat all that is green, plenty of green leafy vegetables daily
- Take Fruits in your diet while avoiding very sweet ones and some like Banana, Grapes, Cheekoo
- Try to take more of whole grains in your diet rather than refined flours
- Even in the dough for Roti and Bread mix whole grains or use roughly ground grains in a mixture rather than a single grain ( Soya, Chana, Ragi, Bajra together with Wheat for example)
- Do not eat lots of fried food
- Avoid lot of butter, Desighee, Cream and full cream milk
- Do not eat lots of sweets
- Avoid taking lots of juices and Cold drinks – Sweetened beverages likes Colas etc
- Be physically active – make it a point to exercise daily – go out for walks, play, walk to the metro etc..
Diabetes needs care and commitment from all the concerned persons including the patient, doctor and the family members of those suffering from Diabetes. As Dr Rajesh Kesari Diabetologist at Delhi and a leading Diabetes Specialist NOIDA has enumerated very well the enormous task which lies ahead for all of us in prevent Diabetes at the grass roots. Let us all put in our efforts in eradicating this disease and let's start from ourselves first by being healthy and responsible citizens ourselves.
Dr Rajesh Kesari MD
Director and Consultant Diabetologist at Total Care Control Diabetes Care Centre Delhi and Indirapuram