Additional Diabetes Information:
Diabetes is one of the most chronic diseases that is increasing at an alarming rate and is one of the main causes of kidney failure and blindness in adults. It is predicted that within next 10 years the number of affected people will rise to 300 million worldwide.
Diabetes originates from body's inability to produce insulin or inability to utilize the produced insulin. This in turn affects the entire body mechanisms like circulatory system, sensory system etc. If not treated properly, it may lead to organ failures, especially the kidney and heart, as well as to possible blindness, strokes and other complications.
But being a diabetic never means that all your happiness have come to an end. You can still have all those back if you manage your condition properly. The only rule you have to follow is “periodic monitoring and proper medication based on findings”.
Nowadays monitoring your blood glucose levels is not a big deal. There are various kinds of diabetic supplies like blood glucose meters that give you instant results. Medication can be prescribed with guidance from an authorized practitioner. Show him your periodic readings; tell him your exact condition. He will prescribe the one that suites you the best.
Most of all… Stay active. Never let diabetes take control over you, instead you control your diabetes.
To prevent diabetes, encourage the diabetic patient to
- Maintain ideal body weight.
- Avoid high sugar, salt and fat foods.
- Take small bites and chew food thoroughly.
- Eat and drink slowly.
- Eat protein rich food at each meal.
- Eat wisely at social gatherings and restaurants.
- Do physical activity. Walk daily.
- Avoid aerated and excessive alcoholic drinks.
- Minimize use of tobacco and other harmful drinks.
- Use artificial sweeteners if you have a 'Sweet Tooth'.
- Every patient & his family members must be aware of what can be eaten, How much to be eaten & what should not be eaten.
- Diabetics should eat balanced meals containing adequate amounts of proteins, CHO, vitamins, minerals & plenty of water at fixed timing.
- Avoid stress, enjoy good music, meditate and have positive attitude towards life. Make life style and behavioral changes for better health.
Want to know more about diabetes? Need delicious diabetic recipes? Tips for managing diabetes? Need diabetic supplies? Find all you need to know about diabetes at diabeticsuppliesandhelp.com.