Diabetes Recipe: Grilled Steak Salad
Serve this with with steamed broccoli and cauliflower for a real summer treat!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: minutes
This Recipe Serves 4
9 oz. sirloin steak
1/2 tsp. salt free seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash)
8 cups Mesclun salad mix
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill. Season both sides of the steak with the salt free seasoning.
- Grill the steak for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked to medium well (145 degrees internal temperature) Set aside to rest loosely covered with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss together salad mix, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Divide evenly among 4 large plates.
- Thinly slice steak and top each salad with 2 ounces of steak.
- Top the steak with 3 1/2 Tbsp. of the bleu cheese salad dressing.
RECIPE COST: $9.97
Choices: 1 Nonstarchy Vegetable, 2 Protein, lean