Diabetes Recipe: Tofu Stir Fry
Here’s a super quick vegetarian dinner to share with your family. Never cooked with tofu? This recipe is a great place to start!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
This Recipe Serves 6
1 pound extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch chunks
¼ cup lite sesame ginger salad dressing
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
4 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
¼ cup sliced almonds
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon Asian hot sauce
1 tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix the tofu and sesame ginger salad dressing in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Once the tofu is done marinating, remove the tofu from the marinade and reserve the marinade.
- Add the sesame oil and cooking spray to a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. Add the tofu and stir fry for 7-8 minutes, or until the tofu is golden brown.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms, and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add in the scallions and almonds, and stir fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a bowl or cup, whisk together the vegetable broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, hot sauce, Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, and garlic. Whisk in the reserved sesame ginger dressing marinade. Pour the mixture over the tofu and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
Recipe Cost: $9.98
Serve Suggestion: Serve over brown rice or in lettuce cups